Skip to main content

Russia-Ukraine war live news: Donetsk governor urges evacuations amid Russian offensive

 

The premises of a higher educational institution in the Kyiv region of Kharkiv have been destroyed by Russian fire, according to a message on Telegram from the governor of the region. Oleh Synyehubov writes:

At night, the occupiers launched rocket attacks from the territory of the Russian Federation on the Novobavarskyi, Kyiv, and Osnovyansky districts of Kharkiv.
During the day, the occupiers shelled the Izium, Kharkiv, Chuhuiv, and Bohodukhiv districts throughout the region. Residential buildings, open areas, and a wheat field were on fire.

During the day, three people were injured in the region among them – a child of one year and 11 months and a 64-year-old man.

While the Russian “army” is destroying educational institutions, residential buildings and fields with crops – our defenders are holding their ground. Offensive operations of the Russian Federation are unsuccessful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Australian teenager feared dead months after Islamic State attack on Syrian prison

  Yusuf Zahab, who was taken to Syria when he was 11, was wounded in January during fighting between IS fighters and Kurdish-led forces at a makeshift prison An Australian teenager is believed to have died in a Syrian prison holding Islamic State (IS) suspects, months after he begged the Australian government for assistance, his family and a leading rights group have said. Yusuf Zahab was detained in Guweiran prison in Hasakah city alongside suspected IS members for more than three years when it was attacked by IS in January in an attempt to free its fighters. During the fighting, an audio recording by Zahab begging for help made it outside the jail and was widely publicised. "I got injured in my head and my hand," Zahab said at the time. "I lost a lot of blood … There's no doctors here, there's no one who can help me. I'm very scared. I need help. Please… [My] friends got killed in front of me, a 14-year-old, a 15-year-old… There's a lot of bodies, dead...

‘I’m just not afraid’: Lynda Carter on her online activism and Wonder Woman

  The afterlife of the movie star with a single, iconic role is a curiosity. Between 1976 and 1979, Lynda Carter appeared in three seasons of Wonder Woman , a hit so huge that for those of us who saw it as children, she remains a somewhat mystical figure. Knight Rider was great, the A-Team was fun, but Wonder Woman – jumping between boulders, sparks flying from her wrist plates – was something else. Here is Carter today, in a pastel-colored blazer on video chat from her home in Maryland, and although I’m a 46-year-old woman with two children and a mortgage, I can’t help it: I’m completely agog. “It was such a short part of my life, but it has made a bigger impact than any other thing I’ve done,” says Carter, who is 70 and looks nothing of the sort. Among the many reasons to love her, is her good grace in the face of a generation’s obsession with those three short years of her life. To know more: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/25/lynda-carter-interview-twitter-w...

"Juhar, Namaskar," Says Droupadi Murmu, 1st Tribal President

  New Delhi:  Droupadi Murmu was administered oath of office by Chief Justice of India NV Ramana. Former president Ram Nath Kovind, outgoing Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress president Sonia Gandhi were present at the event To know more: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/president-elect-droupadi-murmu-to-take-oath-today-10-points-3189839#pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll